A NEW SOFTWARE FOR DECISION SUPPORT TOOL FOR MEDIUM VOLTAGE POWER DISTRIBUTION NETWORK PLANNERS.
TOPPLAN software is a decision support tool for medium voltage power distribution network planners.
It incorporates the use of flexibility (production and flexible loads) in the long-term dimensioning of the electricity network. It makes it possible to jointly find the topologies and operating modes best suited to future distribution networks, intelligent and flexible. This allows for better utilization the assets and financial gain for society.
The technological core of TOPPLAN is based on business knowledge and results of multidisciplinary research around advanced mathematics. It uses the most recent mathematical theories: Reformulation, Convexification, Graph Theory, Operations Research, Complexity Theory, among others.
The different layers of technology are:
Exact modeling of the network planning problem
Automation of calculation of planning with performance guarantee
Generating of multiple alternative solutions
The ergonomics of the software is adapted to the needs of the planners thanks to an integrated Geographical Information System and brings a clear and concise presentation of the alternatives to the reinforcement.
SOLUTIONS USE CASES
• Study of automated connection of new loads and sources of energy production
• Long-term electrical network planning study by feeder or on a larger territory
• Identifi cation of needs for renewal of cables or works
• Proposal of the work to be carried out in the network to achieve a goal of realization long-term electrical network planning program
• Identification of malfunctions of assets taking into account, or not, the flexibilities;
• Proposal of investment scenarios:
» Automatic calculation of the cost of reinforcement of the current network,
» Automatic calculation of a network scheme respecting economic objectives and electrical, geographical, topological
and QoS constraints;
• Automation of the choice of the location of the opening points for the criteria of reliability and minimization of losses;
• Restitution of the results:
» Costs, technical indices (losses, QoS), environmental costs (CO2, tons of Copper used),
» Graphical visualization of the network.
Proposal of an optimal solution taking into account technical, geographical and financial constraints
of multiple alternative scenarios
Integration of flexibility
in the dimensioning
of the electricity network
Automation of calculation with performance guarantee
Integration with internal tools (CIM, Asset Panages Dynamiques, ERABLE)
Reduction of study time